Misr Aluminum Company
In 1969, on the banks of the River Nile in southern Egypt , began the process of construction of one of the most important giant projects and announced the birth of the giant company Egyptalum at Nag’ a Hammady .
In 1975, the first spark was launched announcing the start of production and the rise of aluminum metal and It reached five lines in July 1983 and In October 1997, the sixth line was commissioned. In April 2010, all production lines were rehabilitated and upgraded to pre-baked cells to reach 320,000 tons annually.
Main Production Sectors - Misr Aluminum Company
- Egyptalum’s primary smelter produces around 300,000 to 320,000 tpy molten Aluminium.
- The Company has 6 Potlines , each has 2 Potrooms , and each Potroom has 46 Cells.
Cast Houses Sector
Cast house sector products 320.000 tons annually in various forms of casting such as
( Slabs – Billets – Foundry Ingots –Ingots 99.7 &99.8 – T-bar – Wire Rode 9 & 9.5 mm ) .
This is done with the latest production methods and filtration systems that guarantee the highest level of quality and purity of the metal, These Products are distributed in the local and foreign markets.
The output of the mill is expected to reach 108000 tpy of hot rolled products max.
The Extrusion plant was established in 1996 to increase the added value of the products of Egyptalum .
Operation started in 1999 as the first specialized factory in the field of aluminum with Capacityof 12000 Ton / Year.
Egyptalum calciner plant was started up in 1983 ,currently it produces 140000 tpy and that is considered the designed capacity.
Prebaked Anode Blocks
Egyptalum prebaked anode plant was started up in June 2000 and currently produces 172000 tpy, that is considered the designed capacity. The plant consists of :
Anode Baking Furnace.
The General Administration of production workshops produces various types of spare parts for various sectors of the company as well as for external parties using the latest technological methods. The administration also has a set of Computer Numerical Control machines (CNC) . Some workshop products (cast rolls, castings, gears, spare parts, dynamic equilibrium ………).
Accredited with ISO 9001 the plant is equipped with laboratory utilizing advanced equipment and facilities to test and thereby ensure the highest levels of product integrity and quality.
The company holds:
-ISO 9001/2015 – OHSAS 18001/2007 – EN 15088(CE Mark ).
Sustainability and social responsibility
The Worker’s City
- To ensure that the needs of the workers and their families are met, the city at Nag’a Hammady has developed a comprehensive range of services. Being virtually self-sufficient, the city has its own plantation and livestock farms providing fruit ,vegetables, meat and dairy products.
- There are schools providing care and education from nursery to secondary levels.
- as well as there, sports club, hospital, bank and hotel.